Saturday August 15
10:00am McGimsey Scout Park
7/30 UPDATE: Due to conflict with another McGimsey event, we will likely have a later start time for our Crossover. A time confirmation will be announced soon.
Given the current COVID environment, crossover will look a little different this year. Historically we have gathered for several hours to allow the scouts time to play, eat, and hold the ceremony. This year, we would like to keep our gathering time to a minimum, and we’ll just be having the crossover ceremony, starting at 10am. We anticipate the entire ceremony lasting 30-45 minutes. Families are encouraged to bring their camp chairs to help with social distancing.
The safety of our scouts and families are our top priority. Please help us by observing the following guidelines:
- Each family will need to be at least 6 feet from the next family.
- Every attendee will need to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth (including scouts)
- Face masks must be worn the whole the time
In the event that the Pack determines it is not safe to gather for the crossover on 8/15, our backup plan is to have a drive through ceremony for the Scouts on 8/15 at 10am. If we end up needing to go this route, more details will be provided.
If your family prefers to not attend the crossover ceremony, that is completely understandable. Please let us know how you’d like to receive your scout’s awards:
- You can drive by before the ceremony and a committee member can hand you the awards at your car
- We can mail them to you
- We can hold the awards until the next time we meet in person
If you have any questions, or if anyone is having difficulty getting requirements completed by 7/31, please email the Cubmaster and we’ll see what we can do to help you.