Crossover Update & Pack Meeting Planning
We will need to proceed with plans for a drive through ceremony, instead of the ceremony at the amphitheater. Council has been great in working with us as we develop a plan for how to handle a drive through ceremony. After considering the other events at McGimsey Scout Park on Saturday 8/15, we will need to shift our ceremony time since we will be needing the road through the Scout Park. Our ceremony will begin at 5:30pm. It will probably last about a little over an hour. While the small details are still being work out, here is a high-level overview of the plan:
- Families will enter the Scout Park off Wedgewood Rd, by the Ranger station
- We’ll drive through the park, and off to the left, and exit the park onto Wedgewood Rd by Cub Pavilion.
- We will have our crossover bridge towards the end of the drive through ceremony
- As a scout reaches the bridge, they may get out and cross the bridge, receive their awards, and parents may take pictures.
- Only one family at a time out of the vehicles please
- Masks must be worn during this portion
We need a volunteer with a truck, or two with SUVs, that can transport the bridge for us to the park. The bridge would be loaded at 3:30pm, and delivered to the Scout Park at 4:00. The volunteer(s) do not need to stay for set up. We’ll need another volunteer to transport the bridge after the ceremony (best estimate is we can load the bridge around 7:00). Please email the Cubmaster if you are able to assist.
We apologize that we had to change the time, and appreciate your understanding.
Crossover Info Form
In planning for Pack meetings for this fall, we are unsure when we’ll be able to use the school again. We’d like to get back to regular meetings, and we’ve had a couple of ideas.
- Zoom pack meetings on the Third Thursday of the month, 6:30 – 7:45 like normal
- Meet at McGimesy Scout Park in the large open field one Saturday a month, in the afternoon for a couple of hours, with social distancing followed. We’d be able to work on Scout skills in small groups.
- Combination of the two
Please email the Cubmaster to let us know what your family is interested in.