December Pack Meeting 12/13
The December Pack meeting is Thursday the 13th from 6:30 to 8pm at the Vineyard Ranch cafeteria. Scouts will be able to visit different station tables during the meeting to participate in STEM activities. A few more items to note:
- We’d like to take pictures of the Scouts in order to make Pit Passes for them for the Pinewood Derby. Please have your Scout wear their uniform to the meeting. If you don’t attend, please send a picture of your Scout in uniform to me.
- Pinewood Derby kits will be available at the meeting. Kits are $2.50 for Scouts and $5.00 for any parents or siblings that would like to build a car and participate in a separate race on January 26.
- Service Project – please bring any pop tabs to the meeting for the den competition taking place throughout the year
- The Pack activity will fulfill a lot of the STEM Technology requirements. For those who also go on the Lexington trip, all requirements for Technology should be complete.
- If you are attending the Lexington trip, all payments for guardians and siblings is due no later than 12/20.
- If you are donating food or supplies for the Basic Trainee Christmas Party on Saturday, please bring them to the Pack meeting.
- If your Scout attended the Shooting Sports day at McGimsey this past weekend, please send me an email of which sport(s) they participated in so we can purchase their awards.
If you enjoy doing STEM activities with your Scout, you may want to take a look at the very new STEM Scouts program that’s been added to the BSA. It’s not yet available in the San Antonio area, but you can request an expansion to our area to bring more STEM opportunities to our Scouts.