January Pack Meeting 1/16 and NASA Overnight Camp 1/18-19
In preparation for the Big Bang Overnighter at NASA on Saturday here are a few reminders. We need to have the following three forms completed for EACH person attending (parents, Scouts, siblings)
If you have not completed these forms, please turn them in at the Pack meeting on Thursday.
The NASA Overnight Camp is at 1601 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX 77058. If using a GPS, be sure to search for Space Center Houston. Do NOT search for NASA or Johnson Space Center. Space Center Houston is across the street from NASA. Traffic can be an issue, even on a Saturday so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to travel. If you are crossing through downtown Houston, it is generally better to take the 610 loop instead of I-45 through that area.
Some families have expressed interest in caravaning to Houston. If this is something you are interested in, please email the Cubmaster or contact your Den Leader. Contact information for those families who wish to caravan will be sent out on Thursday, so they can coordinate. One family in the caravan will need to take the lead once the contact information is sent out.
We can talk about any other questions/issues at the Pack meeting on Thursday during the activity time.
UPDATE 1/15: Final Reminders
- Please arrive and be ready for check in at 4:00. We need to check in as a group (similar to the USS Lexington last year). Check-in for us is at 4:30.
- The Cubmaster will have everyone’s ticket upon arrival on Saturday.
- We will do activity uniforms for this outing (Class B/Pack t-shirt). No field uniform (Class A) is needed. Please arrive in the Pack t-shirt.
- If you have not yet completed the health form, please complete the health form and turn it in tomorrow night at the Pack meeting. (Both the NASA Health form and the BSA Health form are required for this event, for parents and youth.)
- Originally we had been notified that we needed the media release form, but clarification from Space Center Houston indicates we do NOT need these forms.
- Please note, you do not need to bring in your overnight gear at check-in. That will be brought in from the cars later in the evening.
Please take time before this week’s Pack meeting to read the information from Space Center Houston and the attached docs. There is a lot of good information, a list of what to bring and what not to bring, menu etc. There is also very specific information for locating the check-in spot where we will meet at 4:00. If you have any questions, we can visit tomorrow night at the meeting.