Pinewood Derby Tomorrow!
I hope everyone is excited and ready for tomorrow’s races! Here are some final details for tomorrow:
- Race begins at 2:00, at McGimsey Scout Park (10810 Wedgewood, San Antonio, TX 78230), in the sports pavilion.
- Go past the iron gates by the open fields. Turn in at the automatic gate entrance, and there is a sign on the rock wall that says Boy Scouts of America.
- You do not need to check in at the ranger station, proceed directly to the sports pavilion. When you arrive at the sports pavilion, please be sure to sign in; we need an accurate count of everyone on property in case of an emergency, a Scout is always prepared! When you leave, please sign out.
- We can park in the Sports Pavilion lot, or the pool house lot. Please note there is another event at the dining hall, and so we will need to share the parking lot.
- Bring camp chairs, just in case we don’t have the nice picnic tables we had last year
- We’ll have 5 gallon water jug for water. Please bring water bottles or cups to drink out of.
- If you can assist with set up, please arrive anytime noon or later
- We’ll need assistance with clean up. If you are free after the derby, please hang around and help get everything put away and loaded up. We expect the race to end around 4.